I got this automated email response from Trunkt.org. I understand it is competitive, but if you are going to give an artist a generic message - well - I just don't really know how I feel about it.
So if you apply, you are either going to get a great email or this:
Thank you for applying to Trunkt.
After careful review of your submitted images and your website, we have decided not to accept your application at this time.
In addition to the products you submit, we look at the way you present your work on websites, blogs and public forums. Our goal is to get an overall sense of you and of your work.
To the extent we can, we also evaluate the way you conduct yourself in all public forums as we believe this is a good indication of professionalism, something we value highly at Trunkt.
*ARTISTS WISHING TO RE-APPLY*
If you're considering applying again, please understand our criteria:
1) FOCUS: We look for artists who create focused, unique work. Your work should have a distinct style that is all yours.
2) MODERN: Our audience loves modern and contemporary work. Browse the work of Trunkt members to get an idea of our taste.
3) SCALE: We don't accept mass-produced products but we do prefer scale beyond one-of-a-kind work. Artists and Photographers looking to sell individual works or looking to license images are the exception.
4) BRANDING: We look for artists who have a superior sense of marketing aesthetic - excellent photography, packaging and communications.
5) PROFESSIONALISM: We look for artists that are mature in their business dealings. This includes the way they conduct themselves in all public forums.
If you simply resubmit 3 different images, it is unlikely your second application will be accepted since we've probably already seen them.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we cannot provide individual feedback to all applicants. We wish you the best of luck with your business.
The Team at Trunkt
Note: This is an automated email box that is not monitored.
So there it is, nothing in particular, nothing specific. However, I think I will apply again in a few months. Maybe I will have better pieces ready. I really thought my art clay pieces would help me here. Maybe a referral from an etsy artist who has already made it (in a different category than jewelry)?
I am still sort of bummed out. :(
5 months ago