Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Taking Chances

April has been about taking chances.

I had my show @ Gamma Phi Beta which went very well! I had a great time and they couldn't have been nicer :)

I applied for three craft shows - two in SC, and the Art Star Craft Bazaar in Philadelphia. The two in SC I am pretty sure you sign up and you are in. I did not get into the one in Phillie :( I am sorta bummed out about it, but I guess they had a record number of applicants this year - which is great for them. I was hoping to have some success out of state. Maybe next year!

The first craft fair I am doing is the 33rd Annual Rice Festival in Walterboro, SC. I am excited because it is out of town and spring is beautiful down here and I will be open to a new audience. I will hopefully make some sales too!

The second one is May 8-10 in Aiken, SC for the Aiken Bluegrass Festival. This is from their website
" Blue Ridge Outdoors, distributed free to
110,00 readers from Baltimore down to
Atlanta, honored Aiken bluegrass Festival
in its impressive "Top 50 Festivals in the
Southeast". Picked for packing "in the
heavyweight pickers" and "a stellar couple
of nights from some of the genre's finest"
it is quite and honor to be listed next to the
likes of Merlefest and Bonnaroo!"
So hopefully this will be fun and profitable.

I am excited and hope that they bring in some business.

I finally went around to try to set up some meetings to sell my pieces in stores. With help from my Aunt and Mom, I made an artist bio/info card that I could leave at stores with the right people. I gave 15 out. This is kind of huge because I have been trying to get over a not so nice boutique visit where a clerk was really rude to me. I think they look pretty good and I hope to get some appointments. :)

3 comments:

MyArtInProgress said...

Thanks for the nice comment on my blog. I did find someone to be featured, they haven't gotten back to me yet with their interview answer, but hopefully they will soon :)

I'm going to try and do interviews whenever I have free time so after this one keep checking back and remind me about your shop.
Take care
Sarah :)

P. Lee said...

I love the chances you are taking - thats what life is all about - have a great time with your shows and I hope the cards pan out for you!

Unknown said...

Hi there!

I just wanted you to know that I added a link from my blog to yours. I found you in a link exchange in the Etsy forums! :) Please do the same when you get a chance! & happy blogging!

Always,
Amy